not everyone has a painful church wound, but those of us who do know how hard it is to heal from it. there’s something about God & the institution getting all tangled up together that is hard to sort out.
we facilitate a walking wounded class now & then that is a safe space to process through church pain, but i am not sure when a next one will be scheduled right now. however, here are some posts that address this more specific issue of church woundedness. it sucks, and i wish you weren’t in such good company. part of our healing is knowing we’re not crazy & we’re not alone.
- 10 ways churches jack people up
- what’s your score: a walking wounded quiz
- whatever you do, don’t let them take your faith
- the underground railroad
- walking wounded: hope for those hurt by church (this is about a live event we did but it has some good info in the links)
- never quite right
- actually, the grass is greener
- church refugees video – part 1, church refugees – part 2, life outside the bubble, church refugees – part 3, spiritual practices