hey all, before i post the next out of the darkness interview i wanted to share a few links worth checking out this week.
- the first is the launch of transFORM network, a missional community formation network that will be inspiring, supporting, and encouraging practitioners who are either already in the trenches or want to be, creating new, diverse forms of christian community. i am excited to be part because this is something i am really passionate about. i believe it’s time for “new wineskins for new wine” & that one of the hardest things for people who are pursuing new forms of “church” is the lack of support & encouragement. it is clear that we need to find places that will help fan these flames into fire & help crazy dreamers feel less alone. you can join the network here & watch the video on the front page. and if you are on the east coast (or want to fly out from the west coast) next spring there will be a free regional gathering; hopefully you can join us and meet others in the same boat. i am really looking forward to being part.
- i have a few new posts up at communitas collective (i write there every 2 weeks). some of you have already read the doubter’s prayer and a new one today is a re-mix of something i wrote when i first started blogging in 2008; this one’s called “to for and with.” check it out, i’d love to hear some of your thoughts. you can comment there or here.
- this article is a worth-read–why i stopped serving the poor–by claudio olivier. i would love to hear some of your reactions on this; i aligns in so many ways with what i believe about what it means to be “spiritually poor” and cut the us-them b.s.
- check out voca femina issue #13 (they go online monthly) our last denver share party had over 60 women, whoa! it was a great night filled with so much creative diversity & beauty. pictures will be up on our site soon.
- and lastly, i can’t go, but if you can pull it off, it’s really worth being part of–off the map’s annual gathering in seattle november 20th & 21st. this year is mirrors & maps: inspiration from the margins and phyllis tickle & a great lineup will be part of these interesting, dynamic conversations that aren’t conference-y.